Good morning! I honor of Fall(ish) weather here in South Carolina, I wanted to share my favorite Apple Crisp recipe. It is so easy and so delicious. It makes me want to curl up next to a fire and enjoy with a mug of hot apple cider. Yum! We (my sweet Momma and I) baked and polished this off all in the same day (don’t worry, I actually mean we, not sometimes when I say “we” but, mean I…my whole family was over on Sunday for football).
1 bag of Gala or Macintosh apples, quartered, cored, and peeled.
1 Cup of sugar
1 Cup of flour
1 Tablespoon of sugar and 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon mixed (may need more)
1 stick of real butter
Lemon to squeeze on apples to keep color
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Quarter, core, and peel a full bag of apples and place in bowl (squeeze a bit of lemon juice on peeled and cut apples so they don’t turn brown).
- Sprinkle the combined cinnamon and sugar over apples and mix gently with a wooden spoon. Make sure each piece is coated. Taste one, it should be pretty sweet, if not sprinkle on more cinnamon and sugar.
- Place cinnamon and sugar coated apples in a greased pie plate.
- In a sauce pan, melt the stick of butter on low heat.
- Once butter is completely melted, add a cup of sugar and stir.
- Turn the heat off and stir for a few seconds and then add the egg (you don’t want the egg to cook, that is why you need to turn the heat off and wait before adding).
- Next slowly add the cup of flour until it is all incorporated.
- Immediately pour mixture over apples in pie dish. Make sure the whole top is covered!
- Place in oven to bake for 45-55 mins. The top should be golden brown.